If your printer is not displayed in the list of available printers when adding the printer in Windows, you can add the printer with manual settings using the printer's IP address.
For an even easier way to add your printer in Windows, see Is there an easier way to add my Leitz Icon printer in Windows?
The following procedure describes how to add the printer in Windows 8 and Windows 7. If you are using a different version of Windows, refer to the Windows documentation for information on adding a network printer with manual settings.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
The Add Printer dialog box appears.
- (Windows 7 Only) Select Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings, and then click Next.
6a. (Windows 8 Only) Select Create a new port, select Standard TCP/IP Port in the Type of port list, and then click Next.
6b. (Windows 7 Only) In the Device type list, select TCP/IP Device, and then click Next.
- In the Hostname or IP address box, type ICON-xxyyzz
Replace xxyyzz with the last six digits of your printer's MAC address. The MAC address for your printer can be found on the label on the bottom of your printer.
- Under Device Type, select Standard, and then select Generic Network Card in the list.
- Click Next.
- In the Manufacturer list, select Leitz.
- In the Printers list, select Leitz Icon, and then click Next.
- Select Use the driver that is currently installed, and then click Next.
- (Optional) Type a name for your printer in the Printer name box.
- Click Next.
- Select whether or not you want to share the printer, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
The printer is now available for printing.