Setting up Wi-Fi for Windows requires you to follow the steps below. Please watch the video listed below while following the steps listed to set up the printer with Wi-Fi:
Printing with your Existing Wifi Network Video:
Steps to Setup Wi-Fi on Windows:
A. Click on your WiFi list and choose ICONxxyyzz (xxyyzz is a number/letter combination unique to your printer) Click Join/Connect
B. Open your internet browser window (ie.: Explorer) to access control panel
Enter this address in your browser 192.168.1.1 then click return/enter
- Enter User Name (default is: Admin) and Password (default is: password) Enter
- Control Panel will load
- Click to select Run Setup Wizard. Then select Connect to Existing Network.
- It will show a list of all wireless networks available. Select the one you wish to use with your ICON printer. Enter relevant password. Click Next. Then click Next again.
- Verify settings and click Connect.
- Printer will restart, the printer is now connected to your wifi network
C. Next you MUST Add the Wireless Printer to Windows.
- Click on your WiFi list and choose the Wi-Fi network you selected in the steps above.
- Open Windows Control Panel then Select Hardware and Sound then Devices and Printers
- Click Add a Printer
- In Add Printer Dialog click Next
- Select Add printer using TCP/IP - Next
- Type a Printer Hostname - Device type Autodetect - Hostname: 192.168.1.1 - Next
- Additional Port Information - Device Type - Standard - Generic Network Card- Next
- Install Driver - Choose Leitz - Next
- Type printer name - Leitz Icon WiFi - Next
- Success Screen - Finish
- Device now shows up in the printer list.
D. Open the Leitz Icon Software
- Letiz Icon Wifi will show as the printer near the bottom left of the dialog.
- The Cartridge currently in the printer will also show
- Click Print.