If you plug in your Icon printer and both lights on the front of the printer are not lit or appear dim please check the following:
- There are 2 parts to the power cord. Plug the cord that goes to your outlet into the power supply. Then plug the rounded end into the back of the printer as shown in this diagram:
Check whether your power supply corresponds to one of the pictures shown below:
3.Check whether the LED on the power supply is solid on:
4.Verify the firmware version on the Printer Control Panel
–How to Access Printer Control Panel:
- Connect with your printer from under your wireless connections as you would to connect to a wifi network.
- Look for your Icon-xxx and connect to it.
- Once connected and the correct printer is chosen from within your software on the bottom left corner go to : Help> open printer control panel
- You will be requested to enter the username and password. The default user name and password are as follows.
User name: admin
- The web browser will open and will show the following screen:
The firmware version is shown at the bottom of this screen. In the example above it shows A0129-…
In case the version starts with A000-…, then please contact our helpdesk for further assistance.
5.Verify whether the printer is in sleep mode.
–The printer will go into sleep mode when the printer is inactive for more than 1 minute.
–In this mode, the lights on the front panel will be dimmed to save energy.
–This is normal behavior.
–The printer will wake up automatically when a print command is send to the printer or when you open and close the door of the printer.